Tuesday 8 March 2011

Cake...

I know it's officially Pancake Day and I ought to blog about Lent and pancakes (and I will), but first I have to tell you about cake. Specifically, cake from Del Aziz. This is a picture of a "slice" of Del Aziz carrot cake bought for me by my wonderful friend Tolu.




It looks pretty average in the photograph, but it really isn't. It is was seriously delicious but the very best thing about it was it's size! You see, that isn't a side plate it's on, that is a dinner plate - yes, it is. If you hold a slice of cake from Del Aziz up in front of your face and shine a light directly behind your head, this is what will happen:




My first (proper) encounter with the Del Aziz bakery was on a lovely snowy day in December after a pretty special lunch with some friends. I didn't have a decent go at the cake that day, but I did note it's happy - making potential. So, I put "Get cake from Del Aziz" on my to do list. Well, thanks to Tolu, I have now crossed it off my to do list and set it as a weekly alarm on my iPhone instead.


Frippery? I think not...